Monday, October 10, 2011

Roadtrip: Day 1

Today we started our journey out west. We left Fredericksburg around 2:00 PM and headed toward Blacksburg to visit my brother. We loaded the suitcases into my already packed vehicle, and hit the road.

The car was packed to the brim.

Momma ready to hit the road.

Me getting ready for our 38 hour trip.

It was a little bittersweet driving out of the neighborhood I have lived in for the past 20 years. I just had to keep thinking about the opportunities ahead of me! Once we got on the road it was smooth sailing! Passing through Orange, we saw sky divers! There were about 10 people flying above us!
Those little specks are people. Crazy!

The drive to Blacksburg is beautiful, especially when you pass through the farms near Charlottesville. I was happy to see the leaves had begun to change. Whenever I think of fall, I will always picture the Blue Ridge Mountains, and their beautiful colors.

Once we got on 81 things started to slow down. We got stuck in traffic for 40 minutes, which of course SUCKED. When we finally made it to hokie country, we were pooped. All of that driving and packing had taken a lot out of us.
Traffic. Ew.



I was fortunate enough to be able to eat dinner with my cousins Hunter and Parker, as well as my brother. I am so glad I got to spend a little time with my loved ones before leaving! I am going to miss my brother so much. It's going to be hard saying goodbye tomorrow!

Right now Momma and I are tucked in bed at Gannon's apartment getting ready for our 11 hour drive to Little Rock tomorrow.

Check back tomorrow for more updates! Goodnight All!

1 comment:

  1. Pk, I'm so glad you are going to be blogging and keeping record of all your experiences. I'm so glad you are sharing it with us! I will definitely be following your every move and checking in on all your new adventures. Moving is such a big change, especially across the country. I feel like I understand a little bit how hard and sad it is to leave behind everything you know to start something brand new and unfamiliar. Leaving Virginia was very sad for me too when I moved out west to Utah. Nothing can ever replace home. But I know that you will love this new chapter of your life and will grow so much as a result of leaving your comfort zone and venturing out on your own! I know you will do well in LA and I'm excited to see where this new road takes you :) I love you so much Peek!!! Tell your mom I love her too :) This road trip will be one you two will never forget :)

    ReplyDelete